International students are permitted to work under certain circumstances.

On-Campus Employment

On-campus employment is the most common form of employment experienced by international students during the course of their studies. Students are eligible for up to 20 hours of on-campus employment while school is in session.

The 六合网址大全 allows students to work 20 hours per week during the academic year and forty hours during vacation periods. You may begin working as soon as you arrive on the campus, or if you are transferring from another U.S. institution, once you have completed the transfer notification procedure. You will also need to obtain a social security number (SSN) from the U.S. Social Security Administration. Notre Dame's payroll office will not issue paychecks to students who are unable to provide verification of immigration status and a social security number.

To qualify, the following conditions must apply:

  • You must be maintaining your student status.
  • The job opportunity must be considered to be "on-campus."
  • You must continue to make reasonable progress towards your degree.
  • You cannot displace any U.S. residents.

Once you have completed your degree requirements, you should consult with your international student advisor to determine if you are eligible for continued on-campus employment. Please note, completing your degree requirements constitutes the end of your academic program in the eyes of the U.S. government and your on-campus work authorization terminates at that time.

Kindly remember that on-campus employment at Notre Dame is limited to a total of 20 hours a week while school is in session. This includes any hours spent working as a research assistant, teaching assistant, as a student worker, or as a residential assistant in the residence halls.

When school is not in session, full-time employment is permissible.

In certain very limited circumstances for F-1 students some off-campus sites may be considered to be the same as on-campus employment. However, these circumstances are not very common and must be discussed with your international student advisor prior to accepting employment.

锘匡豢锘縊ff-Campus Employment鈥

Contact Us

For more information, please contact: 

Office of International Programs